July 14 - August 6, 2017
Pembroke Pines Theatre of the Performing Arts Announces Auditions for IN THE HEIGHTS
Sunday, April 23rd from 6-10pm
Monday, April 24th from 6-10pm
Call-Backs Tuesday, April 25th from 6:30pm-10pm
Director: Geoff Short
Musical Director: Caryl Fantel
Choreographer: Cameron Jordan
Performances: July 14th – August 6th; Fridays and Saturdays at 8pm and Saturdays and Sundays at 2pm
The Susan Katz Theatre at the River of Grass Arts Park
17195 Sheridan St., Pembroke Pines 33331
No appointments necessary. All roles are open.
PPTOPA is dedicated to multi-cultural casting. Performers of all shapes, sizes, colors and ages are encouraged to audition.
Please prepare a contemporary musical theatre song. An accompanist will be available. Bring resume, headshot and sheet music in the proper key of your song. No a cappella singing. Auditioners may be asked to do cold readings from the script. There will be a dance/movement audition so please bring comfortable clothes and shoes.
Rehearsals start May 22nd and will be held Monday thru Thursday evenings and Sunday afternoons. This is a non-equity production. Please bring complete list of schedule conflicts.
About the show
- Usnavi is the narrator of the play, named after one of the first sights his parents saw when they arrived in America
- Abuela Claudia is the loving matriarch of the barrio who looked after Usnavi when his parents died
- Vanessa is Usnavi's love interest who works at Daniela's salon
- Nina Rosario is the first in her family to go to college. She is the typical "good girl" but over her father's over protectiveness and his refusal to accept Benny
- Benny works with Nina's father, Kevin. The only character in the play who does not speak Spanish and is not Hispanic, Benny falls in love with Nina and dreams of opening his own business.
- Sonny is Usnavi's sassy, superficially lazy, yet ambitious younger cousin
- Daniela is the outrageously dramatic owner of the salon where the neighborhood girls come to gossip
- Carla works at Daniela's salon and is her close friend
- Kevin Rosario is Nina's overprotective father
- Camila Rosario is Nina's strong-willed mother, who wants what is best for Nina.
- The Piragua Guy is the owner of a small piragua stand
- Graffiti Pete is a graffiti artist and friend of Sonny
Copyright © 1993-2012 PPTOPA. All rights reserved.